Austrian Post is the leading logistics and postal services provider in Austria. Its main business activities include the transport and delivery of letters, direct mail items, print media and parcels. The branch network of Austrian Post ranks among the largest private customer networks in the country, offering high-quality postal, banking and telecommunications products and services to its customers throughout Austria. The company makes an important contribution to safeguarding the nation’s communications and logistics infrastructure based on its nationwide and reliable supply of high quality postal services on behalf of the Austrian population and economy. Moreover, Austrian Post is also represented by subsidiaries in twelve European markets, particularly in the parcel and logistics segment as well as in unaddressed direct mail items.
- The provision of services and the creation of the necessary environment to allow the provision of services in the areas of
- postal services pursuant to the Postal Service Act (BGBL I 2009/123) as amended;
- parcel services;
- money services;
- other commercial services, provided that they do not interfere with the duties specified in items a) to c), including without limitation financial services pursuant to the Postal Savings Bank Act (Federal Law Gazette 458/1969) as amended, the transport of goods on motor vehicles registered for road traffic, as well as trading and selling merchandise of all kinds and marketing advertising spaces.
- The provision of services in the areas of communications and information technology.
- Planning, building and maintaining as well as operating facilities for the purposes specified in paragraphs 1 and 2.
The company is entitled to engage in all business activities and to carry out all measures that are deemed necessary or useful for its business purpose, including without limitation the purchase of real estate for building branch offices or subsidiaries, both in Austria and abroad as well as the participation in other companies.
Österreichische Post AG/Austrian Post
Telephone number within Austria: 0577 67 - 0
International telephone number: +43 577 67 - 0
Fax: +43 (0) 577 67 - 220
|Legal form:||Public limited company under Austrian law|
|Commercial register court:||Commercial Court Vienna|
|Affiliation:||Federal Economic Chamber|
|Owners:||52.8% ÖIAG, 47.2% free-floating stock (as of April 2011)|
|Regulatory authority:||RTR Rundfunk & Telekom Regulierungs-GmbH|
|Revenue 2012:||EUR 2,366,1m.|
|Number of employees 2012:
(average for period; full-time equivalents)
Georg Pölzl - Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Walter Oblin - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Walter Hitziger - Member of the Management Board
DI Peter Umundum - Member of the Management Board
Ing. Rudolf Kemler (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Edith Hlawati (stellvertretende Vorsitzende)
Prof. Dr. Edgar Ernst
Chris E. Muntwyler
Mag. Günter Leonhartsberger
Mag. Markus Pichler
Dr. Erich Hampel
Appointed to the supervisory board by the staff committee: