Preferred Pickup Station & Preferred Postal Branch
Have your parcel delivered to the pickup station or postal branch that fits your needs. There are no additional costs involved. We will send you an electronic notification as soon as the parcel has been received at the location of your choice.
Have your parcel sent to any pickup station or postal branch. This service is available at no additional cost. We will notify you via e-mail or text message as soon as your parcel has been received at the destination.
- Tell the sender to which preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch you would like them to deliver your parcel. Parcels can be posted at any Austrian Post service location.
- Choose the most convenient preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch close to your office, on your way home or another convenient location. For best results, use our branch locator
- Choose if you would like us to notify you via text message or e-mail as soon as we have received your parcel. Give this information (mobile phone number or e-mail address) to the sender.
- Your parcel will be available for pickup at your preferred pickup station of preferred postal branch immediately after you have received the electronic notification. This service is available at no additional cost. In case you don't pick up your parcel within three days after receiving the notification, we will send you another reminder via e-mail or text message.
Addressing your parcels is easy and straightforward. Please indicate the following:
- Write "Wunsch-Abholstation“ or "Wunsch-Postfiliale“
- Your (title), first name and last name
- The address of the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch of your choice
(There is no need to indicate a mobile phone number or e-mail address on the parcel itself. When posting the parcel at the postal station, the sender will simply ask for delivery to a preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch and will indicate your e-mail address or your mobile phone number so we can send you the notification.)
Attention Jane Doe
Dresdner Straße 116-118
Attention John Doe
Liesinger Platz 2
Major mail-order companies offer the option of having your order sent to a preferred pickup station or to a preferred postal branch provided that you select the corresponding delivery address.
- If you are not home much, use this great option to have your parcel sent directly to your local "preferred pickup station" or "preferred postal branch".
- As soon as we receive your mail-order parcel at the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch, we will immediately send you an e-mail or text message that will include all relevant data, the address of the pickup location, opening hours and the pickup code. You can pick up your parcel at your preferred pickup station (open 24/7!) or at your preferred postal branch as soon as you have received our message.
- In case you don't pick up your parcel within three days, we will automatically send you another message.
Pickup is easy: at the pickup station, just scan or enter your pickup code. At the preferred postal branch, just show the Austrian Post staff member the text message or e-mail or tell him or her the pickup code.
- You can have your parcels sent straight to an Austrian Post service location that's conveniently located for you
- Benefit from this service, it's free of charge!
- Pick up your parcel at your preferred pickup station 24/7
- Use our branch locator to easily find the right pickup station or Austrian Post service location
- You will be notified immediately by e-mail or text message as soon as the parcel is ready for pickup
- This service is also available across regional borders, e.g. if the addressee lives in Lower Austria but works in Vienna and would like to pick up the parcel there
Why should I use the option of having parcels sent to a preferred pickup station or a preferred postal branch?
It's a great alternative for anybody who works or who is rarely home. It allows you to determine the pickup station or postal branch to which your parcel will be delivered. For example, you can choose to have it delivered to a postal branch located close to your office, on your way home or to a pickup station open 24/7. This service is also available across regional borders: if you live in Mödling in Lower Austria, you can still have your parcels delivered to a preferred pickup station or a preferred postal branch in Vienna. Instead of the "yellow slip of paper", you will receive an electronic notification and your parcel will be available for pickup immediately.
Where is this service available?
This service is from many mail-order businesses. If you would like to have a private parcel sent to your preferred pickup station of preferred postal branch, just post your parcel at a postal branch or at a Post Partner location. Use our branch locator to find your preferred pickup station or postal branch.
How will I know that my parcel has been received?
We will send you an e-mail or text message immediately after the parcel has been received at your preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch. The parcel will be available for pickup immediately. This message will include all item data, the address as well as opening hours for the preferred pickup station or postal branch as well as your pickup code. If you don't pick up your parcel within 3 days, we will automatically send a reminder.
How does the pickup process work?
Picking up your parcel is straightforward: all you have to to is scan your notification at the preferred pickup station or enter the pickup code. At preferred postal branches, just indicate the pickup code or show your text message to the clerk.