Preferred Pickup Station & Preferred Postal Branch
If the recipient is at work during the day or rarely at home, you can have your parcel sent to the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch of your choice. We will notify the recipient via e-mail or text message as soon as the parcel has been received at the selected location. This service is available at no additional cost!
- write "Wunsch-Abholstation" or "Wunsch-Postfiliale",
- provide the recipient's title, first name(s) and last name as well as the address of the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch
(There is no need to indicate a mobile phone number or e-mail address on the parcel itself. When you post your parcel, simply indicate that you would like the parcel to be sent to a preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch and provide the recipient's e-mail address or mobile phone number so he or she can receive the notification.)
- Sample address:
Wunsch-Abholstation (preferred pickup station)
Attention Jane Doe
Wunsch-Postfiliale 1235 (preferred postal branch)
Liesinger Platz 2
Just indicate the following when posting your parcel:
- The words "Wunsch-Abholstation“ or "Wunsch-Postfiliale“
- Addressee's last name and first name
- Address of the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch
(There is no need to indicate a mobile phone number or e-mail address on the parcel itself. When posting your parcel at the Austrian Post service location, just tell the staff member that you would like it to be sent to a preferred pickup station or postal branch and give him or her the addressee's e-mail address or phone number so that we can notify him or her.)
- Example addresses:
z. Hd. Max Mustermann
Dresdner Straße 116-118
z. Hd. Marga Musterfrau
Liesinger Platz 2
- You can have your parcels sent straight to an Austrian Post service location that's conveniently located for you
- Benefit from this service, it's free of charge!
- Pick up your parcel at your preferred pickup station 24/7
- Use our branch locator to easily find the right pickup station or Austrian Post service location
- You will be notified immediately by e-mail or text message as soon as the parcel is ready for pickup
- This service is also available across regional borders, e.g. if the addressee lives in Lower Austria but works in Vienna and would like to pick up the parcel there
Why should I use the delivery option to a preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch?
This service is a great option if you work during the day or if you are rarely home. The parcel will be delivered to the preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch that is conveniently located for you (e.g. close to your office, on the way home etc.) or that has convenient opening hours. Instead of a "yellow slip of paper", you will receive an electronic notification via e-mail or text message. The parcel will be available for pickup immediately after the notification has been sent.
Where do I have to go to have parcels sent to a preferred pickup station?
This service is available at postal branches, Austrian Post partners and from many partners in the mail-order business.
How will the parcel recipient find the closest preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch so I can have the parcel sent there?
Use our location finder to find the most conveniently located preferred pickup station or preferred postal branch.