- in jedem Wahllokal in Österreich oder
- per Briefwahl im In- und Ausland
You may only do so in the municipality where your primary residence was located at the cutoff day for these elections, which was 25 July 2017.
It will also allow you to conveniently request absentee voting ballots for future elections.
3. Enter the PIN code from that letter online.
5. A day later at the very latest, you will receive an e-letter in your e-postbox that will take you to the website of the municipality of your main residence. On that website, you can convieniently request your absentee voting ballot online.
- You may vote by mail as soon as you receive your ballot. You don't have to wait until election day.
- Complete the official ballot, put it into the beige envelope, close it and insert it into the large envelope.
- Subsequently, sign the affidavit yourself on the large envelope and close it.
- Ballots used for absentee voting by mail (large envelopes) must be received by election day, 15 October 2017, at 5:00 p.m. They can be sent via mail or delivered personally to the competent election authority (see ballot for the address) or delivered personally to any voting station in Austria during opening hours.
- You will not have to pay postage, whether you are based in Austria or abroad.
For comprehensive additional information about the 2017 parliamentary elections, please visit www.nrw-17.at