Our online subscription service is well known for its large selection of magazines in a wide range of categories. This gives clients the option of selecting exactly what they want for themselves or others.
Clients who use our "Media Post" services have the option of using our online subscription shop as an additional online sales channel for their newspapers and magazines.
Our online subscription service for magazines and newspapers is a service provided by Austrian Post and is open to anybody. The portal is available at www.aboshop.at.
It offers a wide range of newspapers and magazines in different categories.
Consumers have the option of subscribing to the publications of their choice at the click of a mouse from the convenience of their home or any location. This service is available 24/7.
Austrian Post makes its online subscription service available to interested parties and acts as an intermediary. All subscription contracts are closed between you and the clients.
If you would like to sell magazine/newspaper subscriptions through our Abo.Shop subscription service, you need to sign a subscription service agreement (see subscription service agreement).
After both parties have signed the agreement and it has become effective, please send the following information and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can upload your subscription offer to our website:
- Your magazine’s/newspaper’s title
- Brief description of your magazine/newspaper
- Publication frequency
- Subscription option
- Number of issues
- Cover in in JPG format (≤2MB).
- Category, depending on your magazine's focus
- Short description of bonus and picture
- Contact information for contact person for subscription inquiries
- E-mail address to which we will forward the order information
- Latest version of your GTC in PDF format
- Cancellation policy
- Minimum subscription period and other limitations
Please indicate all rates with and without VAT for all subscription options..
Additional information/employee discount:
A 25% discount will be provided off subscriptions to employees of Austrian Post, based on the price indicated in the subscription shop. This discount is available for the following persons:
- All employees of Austrian Post who have an active employment contract with Austrian Post at the time of ordering their subscription.
- Persons who work at third-party companies whose information Austrian Post will provide to the contractual partner in writing at least two weeks in advance.
- Retired employees.
The contractual party has the right to refuse employee discounts to limited groups of eligible persons by writing to Austrian Post within two weeks after receiving the information. However, this refusal is limited to specific groups of eligible persons only.
- Payment opions:
Once you have provided us all the information, your subscriptions will be uploaded.
As soon as a client places an order via the Austrian Post Abo.Shop subscription service, the subscriber will receive an order acknowledgment. We will immediately forward the order to the publisher who will take care of all subsequent processing. The subscription agreement will exist between the publisher and the subscriber only. Austrian Post will never act on behalf of the publisher. Austrian Post's services are limited to forwarding the order data. To place an order, clients have to sign up, but there is no need for getting their account authorized at a postal branch.
Austrian Post promotes its online subscription service on a regular basis with the following actions:
- Employee promotions:
- Advertising in company newspapers
- Advertising on Austrian Post's flat screens
- Intranet ads
- National promotion:
- promotion with flyers in Austria for special occasions (Christmas, Easter, Mothers' Day etc.)
- Ads in the client newsleter
- SEM campaigns
- Ads in a variety of print publications
- Ads in ´"Kuvert"
- Advertorials and PR
For every newly listed publication, Austrian Post charges an annual fee of EUR 100 for providing, running and maintaining content as well as updating our Subscription Shop. For existing publications, Austrian Post charges a 20% commission of gross sales per subscription. The minimum sales per subscription (applicable to free and trial subscriptions) shall be EUR 8.
To sign a Subscription.Shop agreement, please contact your customer advisor or e-mail us at email@example.com