Austrian Post is the leading logistics and postal services provider in Austria. Its main business activities include the transport and delivery of letters, direct mail items, print media and parcels. The branch network of Austrian Post ranks among the largest private customer networks in the country, offering high-quality postal, banking and telecommunications products and services to its customers throughout Austria. The company makes an important contribution to safeguarding the nation’s communications and logistics infrastructure based on its nationwide and reliable supply of high quality postal services on behalf of the Austrian population and economy. Moreover, Austrian Post is also represented by subsidiaries in eleven European markets, particularly in the parcel and logistics segment as well as in unaddressed direct mail items.
Objects of the Business:
- Render services and create the necessary conditions to perform these services in the following areas:
- all types of postal, parcel and logistics services;
- financial services, particularly those financial services in line with the current and valid version of the Postal Savings Bank Act (BGBl 458/1969);
- communications and information technology in automated data processing and information engineering;
- other commercial services, inasmuch as the tasks listed under a) to c) are not impeded thereby, especially the trading and sales of all types of goods.
- Strategic investments in companies and manage these strategic investments, including the acquisition and disposal of strategic investments in Austria and abroad.
This includes the planning, construction as well as maintenance and operation of infrastructural facilities for the purposes mentioned above.
The Company is entitled to all transactions and measures appearing necessary or useful from the viewpoint of the objects of the Company, particularly also in similar or useful areas of activity relating to the objects of the business.
Furthermore, the Company is entitled to acquire and dispose of commercial properties and to set up branch offices and subsidiaries in Austria and abroad
Österreichische Post AG/Austrian Post
Telephone number within Austria: 0577 67 - 0
International telephone number: +43 577 67 - 0
Fax: +43 (0) 577 67 - 220
|Legal form:||Public limited company under Austrian law|
|Commercial register court:||Commercial Court Vienna|
|Affiliation:||Federal Economic Chamber|
|Owners:||52.8% ÖBIB, 47.2% free-floating stock (as of February 2017)|
|Regulatory authority:||RTR Rundfunk & Telekom Regulierungs-GmbH|
|Revenue 2016:||EUR 2,030.5 m|
|Number of employees 2016:||21.695
(average for period; full-time equivalents)
Georg Pölzl - Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Walter Oblin - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Walter Hitziger - Member of the Management Board
Peter Umundum - Member of the Management Board
Edith Hlawati (Chairwoman)
Edeltraud Stiftinger (Deputy Chairwoman)
Chris E. Muntwyler
Appointed to the supervisory board by the staff committee: