Christmas and New Years Eve 2000:
Pressemeldung from 30.11.2000
Services offered by Österreichische Post AG
Considerable volumes of mail for Christmas to be treated are very demanding on postal services. As every year, Österreichische Post AG has taken required measures for the few weeks preceding Christmas in order to ensure smooth working of all services.
Counter opening times on December 23, and 30, 2000
Counters will be open and offer the same services as on every Saturday.
Counter opening times on December 24, and 31, 2000
Main post offices, post offices in railway stations of provincial capitals, as well as post offices 8600 Bruck an der Mur, 1010 Wien, 1090 Wien, 1103 Wien, 1150 Wien, and 1300 Wien-Flughafen will be open and offer the same services as on every Sunday.
Posting of parcels to foreign destinations
Items in the international service, especially those to be presented to customs, should be posted timely.
- Surface parcels for European countries should be sent beginning December, the latest
- Air mail parcels to extra-European countries should be sent beginning December, the latest, air mail parcels to European countries up to December 7.
- "Europarcels" should be sent on December 12, the latest.
Letter post items to abroad - and especially those to be presented to customs in the destination country - should also be posted very early.
- Priority items to European countries up to December 18, to extra-European countries up to December 11.
- Non priority items to European countries up to December 11.
All Austrian post offices offer once more to have parcels and larger letter post items labelled with the "Weihnachtsgeschenk, bitte erst am Heiligen Abend öffnen!" (Christmas gift, kindly held it back up to Christmas eve" sticker, if senders so wish.
Correct addressing and wrapping of items
In view of heavy work load of sorting and forwarding equipment up to Christmas, Österreichische Post AG would appreciate customers not only to correctly address their items, but also to use appropriate wrappings for their parcels.
This will facilitate transportation, and ensure usual quality of service for most items.
Österreichische Post will do everything possible to have all items posted before Christmas eve delivered up to this date.