Alfa Romeo Giulia
The Alfa Romeo Giulia Case
Alfa Romeo has been building extraordinary and sporty vehicles for drivers with discerning taste. The outstanding design of the Alfa Romeo Giulia is perfectly in line with this tradition.
Generating, qualifying and segmenting hot leads for Alfa Romeo Giulia as well as providing personalised follow-up service - is that even doable?
We used a cross-media dialogue marketing campaign including direct mailing, a standardised landing page, lead and campaign management as well as a multi-level follow-up scheme.
PRINT – XL postcards, addressed to 3 different target groups identified with the profiling/scoring procedure. To allow for segmented evaluation, a specific landing page URL was defined for every target group.
NEWSLETTER – In addition to the print mailing campaign, a total of 40,000 e-mail users were targeted. Those who didn't open it received another e-mail in the second round.
ONLINE – Our slideshow in a banner for our KUVERT advertising sleeve got a lot of attention and provided valuable insight into target groups and their activation.
FACEBOOK – All fans were successfully included in the campaign via a posting on the fan page.
The goal was to generate 1,000 qualified leads.
All applicants for the position as Alfa Romeo test pilots registered on a standardised landing page. Every lead was vetted by Austrian Post's campaign tool in real time and enriched with in-depth information. This allowed us to divide leads into existing clients, high potentials and other leads. In a multi-step follow-up scheme, a consolation prize was raffled among all participants in several batches to allow our retail partners to administrate the campaign in accordance with the pre-defined schedule.
- Target group identification via profiling/scoring (as an alternative to the previously used subjective target group description)
- Increase of the reach of the direct mailing campaign by adding e-mails, social media and online advertising
- We were looking for test drivers and as such, actually interested persons only
- In-depth split testing was performed before e-mails were sent out
- Crossmedia and segemented follow-up. Depending on the lead segment, price lists and catalogues were sent out as well as a consolation prize e-mail in two batches.
- 3,422 leads (340% target)
- 11,000 mailings to repeat clients: 4.1 % response rate
- 28,000 mailings to potential clients: 1 % response rate
- 4,200 e-mails to the Alfa Romeo community: 12 % response rate
- 41,000 e-mails to the Austrian Post community: 2.6 % response rate
- 3,000 contacts via Kuvert Digital: 4.5 % response rate
- 26,900 Facebook fans: 1.7 % response rate
- 1,722 test drives scheduled (50% of all leads)
- 50% new clients
- DMVÖ – Dialog Marketing Verband Österreich
- mama said no
- Austrian Post