Literature for the blind are items with resources and documents sent by blind people, institutions for the blind and companies that support the blind community or addressed to them.
These items can be mailed through Austrian Post free of charge. We recommend not closing items posted as literature for the blind so that the content can be inspected.
- Documents in Braille script
- Audio recordings designed for blind people
- Paper for recording Braille script
- Devices or material or any kind that support blind people (especially adapted CDs, Braille script, equipment, watches for the blind, (white) canes, recording devices)
- Advertising letters (direct mailings)
- Personal letters
- Objects of value
On the address side, please indicate the following information in the postage area:
"Blindensendung" or "Envois pour les aveugles".
If you are not using any additional services, e.g. registered mail, please indicate "nicht stempeln" (do not postmark) on the upper right-hand corner.
Format: the same specifications as for letter mail items apply.
Weight: 7,000g maximum