Mail Collection Box
Use our Mail Collection Box to have your parcels deposited for you in your building. Following an unsuccessful delivery attempt by one of our staff members, he or she will place the item in the mail collection box and will let you know about it by putting a notification card into your letter box. To open the mail collection box, all you need is this notification card and the chip included in it.
In order to keep costs low, we recommend one Mail Collection Box per household**. Approximately 90% of all items will fit in an XL-box (approx. 80% of items in L-size boxes, approx. 50% in M-size boxes). In the case of the remaining 10%, the item is either too big or the Mail Collection Box is already taken. In such a case, we follow the usual process and will have your item ready for pick-up at your postal service location.
*) No RSa and RSb official letters can be deposited
**) Delivery to specific recipients only is not possible. Austrian Post uses Mail Collection Boxes to deliver items to all residents who live where the box has been put up (e.g. one house, one staircase).
XL, M, L
- Receive mail items around the clock as soon as you come back home
- No more deposit and pick-up: going to the postal branch during specific opening hours is now a thing of the past
- The swiftest way to receive your mail items when you’re gone
- Innovative solution for urban areas with a high deposit rate
1 Open the Mail Collection Box. Press the barcode on the notification firmly against the button. Hold the barcode on the notification card to the Mail Collection Box until it unlocks.
2 Retrieve your mail item immediately. The box can only be opened once.
3 Open the Mail Collection Box and take your mail item. Place the notification in the Mail Collection Box.
4 Lock the Mail Collection Box. Press the button. To finish, close the Mail Collection Box.
- Mail Collection Boxes are used by one recipient at a time. This ensures that nobody but you will have access to your items.
- Mail Collection Boxes have an encoded security system based on RFID.
- Items cannot be collected before the delivery person has activated the notification.
- Mail Collection Boxes are made of highly resistant steel with multiple lock seams and are firmly secured in the ground.
- Mail Collection Boxes are child-proof and can be used by people with visual impairments.
This service is available in the following cities:
… as well as several neighbouring counties.
- Indoor areas (preferably staircases)
- Outdoor areas (covered and not covered foyers)
|Size M (395xH220x280)||Price in EUR|
| (W/H/D in mm)
Fits 50% of all mail items; recommended for depositing letter mail items and small parcels (not suitable for large multitenant buildings)
|Size L (395x660x280)||Price in EUR|
|(W/H/D in mm)
Fits approximately 85% of all items, very good value for money
|Size XL (800x660x350)||Price in EUR|
| (W/H/D in mm)
Fits approximately 95% of all items; recommended for large items provided that enough space is available for installing the Mail Collection Box