This web site uses cookies in order to adapt to our visitors‘ needs to the best possible extent, to analyse access rates and marketing actions and to be able to provide customised information about offers concerning the entire Austrian Post portfolio. In addition, third-party providers can also store cookies on your device and use similar technologies to collect and use specific information for advertising purposes. For additional information and to find out how you can manage your data protection settings, please go to legal information. By clicking on “accept” or by continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies as defined in your data protection settings.

2002

Österreichische Post AG acquires 75% minus one share in feibra

Pressemeldung from 07.05.2002

feibra remains an independent company

The Austrian Postal Service (Österreichische Post AG) acquires 75% minus one share in feibra, Austria's leading distributor of advertising material. The remaining 25% plus one share are kept by F+B Privatstiftung, the owner of feibra AG. The agreement was signed on Monday, 6 May 2002, by Anton Wais, Chief Executive, and Rudolf Jettmar, Executive Director of Finances, on behalf of Österreichische Post AG, and by Anton Feistl, Helmut Brauner and Karl Arco, Constantia Privatbank, as representatives of F+B Privatstiftung.
Anton Feistl remains Chief Executive of feibra. On the part of Österreichische Post AG, Franz Robotka will join the board.
 
Unaddressed infomail: Growth market and keen competition
Chief Executive Anton Wais says that, for the Austrian Postal Service, the acquisition of a majority stake in feibra "ideally supplements the existing IMOA product range (IMOA=unaddressed infomail) of Österreichische Post AG in a sector characterised both by high growth rates and an especially keen competition. This acquisition enables Österreichische Post AG to pursue a two-brand strategy for the benefit of the customers."

Two proven products: Customers have the choice
For customers of Österreichische Post AG, this means that, in addition to the proven option of unaddressed infomail delivered to indoor letterboxes, there is now a cheaper option of having unaddressed consignments delivered to the door through feibra. 

2001: Approved by Cartel Court and Supervisory Board
Last year, both Cartel Court and the Supervisory Board of Österreichische Post AG gave the OK for the acquisition. For the protection of competitors, Österreichische Post AG as majority owner must comply with specific stipulations: The two companies must be managed independently for a minimum period of five years; even after acquisition, Österreichische Post AG must treat feibra in accordance with the principle of non-discrimination; feibra is not given access to indoor letterboxes.

For further information please contact:
 
Österreichische Post AG
Company communication
Press section / PR
Michael Homola
Tel.: +43 (1) 515 51 - 32010
E-Mail: michael.homola@post.at